“Yoga means addition – the addition of energy, strength, and beauty to body, mind, and soul.”
In a world plagued with chaos, uncertainty it is need of the hour to embrace a path of peace and harmony of body and mind. Hatha Yoga is spiritual, ascetic that guides our body to better health and relaxation. The brainchild from ancient Hinduism, today Hatha Yoga is practiced all around the world and people have reaped its rewards for generations.
What is Hatha Yoga?
The Hatha Yoga is a more Westernized branch of Yoga that focuses on physical exercise to rule the body and mind and reach a deeper state of mental awareness. At its peak, the practitioners of hatha yoga can withdraw themselves from external elements and reach a state of complete peace.
The word Hatha means force and the term Hatha Yoga corresponds to a system of supplementary physical techniques within Yoga. The concept of the Hatha Yoga emphasizes on proper diet and internally cleanse the body through proper breathing and respiration. The goal of hatha yoga is the same as other forms of Yoga, to attain enlightenment or siddhi. Almost all forms of Yoga the west can be categorized as hatha yoga.
Benefits of Hatha Yoga
Hatha yoga is more than just an exercise and its benefits surge far beyond our physical being. It focuses on driving our energy to a certain direction. Here are some positive changes of hatha yoga.
- Relieves you from Stress- Hath Yoga is a great solution to detoxify your body and soul. After a draining day of toil and sweat, one or two repetitions of Suryanamaskar with deep breathing can give immediate results.
- Improves Flexibility- Flexibility is key to the agile and supple body. Rigid muscles can lead to bad body posture and joint pains. Body posture can be corrected by practicing yoga regularly.
- Helps us focus- If you face difficulty in focusing on day to day work, hatha yoga is a unique solution. The asanas in hatha yoga require focus and deep breathing in order to reach a balance which in turn increases focus in everyday life.
- Improves blood flow- Asanas like shoulder stand, headstand encourages blood flow from the legs to heart and pumps it to the lungs for it to oxygenate, which gives a boost to blood flow.
- Makes for a peaceful experience- Regular practice of hatha yoga develops a sense of peace of mind which fosters a happier being. A peaceful mind gives more mental strength and confidence over course of the day and makes you happier.
- Maintains a healthy body- Apart from helping you reach heights of mental stability, Hatha Yoga helps lose body weight, improves metabolism and strengthens the immune system. The breathing movement in Hatha Yoga helps maintain a mentally and emotionally balanced mind.
Hatha Yoga is a journey through the corridors of spirituality to the door of enlightenment. Whether you are at the inception of the journey or the traveling towards the doors, Hatha Yoga has a lot to offer for beginners and pros alike. Unlike other forms of yoga, hatha yoga focuses on each pose independently. Hatha Yoga is a powerful tool that helps you to identify your true self and reap rewards of your physical and mental potential.